The Mushroom Patch

Sunday, March 13, 2005

Hymns

Goodness Gracious me! I haven't written in......... okee so I won't make the fact that I've neglected this poor little blog elaborate, I'll just say....... Long times.

I'm on a spiritual high this week! Isn't God good?! He's amazingly and wonderfully stupendous! The first thing I wanna do when I get to Heaven is hug Him! *Ponders* I wonder if hugging God is allowed? I'll bet it prolly is! I can't wait!

I have decided to write down my favorite hymns, from A to Z, giving an explaination why I love them so much. *Sigh* There are so many I love, but I can only choose one per letter, so here goes!

A- Amazing Grace. Reason? Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me!

B- Blessed Assurance. Jesus is mine, and I am His. He was, is and always will be mine, and I His.

C- Weel it's a toss up between: Crown Him with many Crowns. Or: Count your blessings. I'm gonna go with Count your Blessings. I'm blessed with so many things from the Father: a loving family (Even though we want to kill each other sometimes *Chuckle*) A roof over my head, good health, a Savior who would give His life for a despicable, unlovable worm such as myself. The list goes on and on!

D- Doxology. Weel after I count my blessings I want to praise the One who blesses me.

E- El Shaddai. It's a wonderful song of Jesus' sacrifice for me!

F- Fairest Lord Jesus. The earth is fair, yet Jesus is more so. Sun, moon and stars in their facets will never compare with the beauty of our Lord. He makes that which is most beautiful in our world, and yet the glory of the rising sun will never compete with my Father God.

G- Great is Thy Faithfulness. His faithfulness to His people will never fail or waver, that's one of the things I love so much about Him!

H- He Lives. Reason? He Lives!

I- I Love to Tell the Story. Jesus said to go out to the world and make disciples of all men, that's what I'm going to do, and I love doing, too!

J- Jesus Paid it All. Why would he pay such an unfair price for damaged goods, for a pitcher with a crack? There's a book on our bookshelf entittled: God Uses Crackes Pots. Perhaps that's why he would pay so high a price for me, he knew he could use me.

K- K?............ Kum-Bah-Ya my Lord, Kum-Ba-Yah! That's the only one I know. It is a good song, though.

L- Leaning on the Everlasting Arms. When the storms of life are battering my will, tossing my faith every which way, His arms will take hold of me. Leaning on the Everlasting Arms.

M- Make me a Blessing. Lord, use me to be a blessing to the people around me. Let your light shine through me. Show yourself to the lost through your servant.

N- Nothing but the Blood. What can wash away my sin? Nothing but the Blood of Jesus.

O- Oh how I love Jesus! He first loved me and drew me to His side. He loved me so much that He would die for me, there is no greater love. How can I not love Him in return?

P- Praise Him! Praise Him! The tittle says it all!

Q- Eh......... Q........... Bill Gaither needs to write Q.

R- Rock of Ages. He's my rock, the only firm ground amid a perverse and corrupt world. I will hide myself in His shelter.

S- Standing on the Promises. God has promised me so much, I have many good things to look forward too!

T- Take My Life and Let it Be. Lord, all I have to give you is myself, will you take it?

U- Uhhh............ Untittled Hymn (Come to Jesus) written by Chris Rice. It's a perfect song about life before and after Jesus saves us, it makes me cry every time I sing or hear it!

V- Victory in Jesus! No one but Jesus can bring us victory, be it spiritual or physical.

W- I can't choose just one for this! What a Friend we have in Jesus. Why? When our closest friend abandons us, and the world has turned it's back on us, Jesus is always there. Isn't that such an encouraging thought? Also: What a glorious day! I can't wait for His return, can you?

X- Yeah right. Anyone wanna write the hymn of X?

Y- Don't know any Ys. *Sadened* Anyone want to teach me one?

Z- Noop.

There you have them folks, some of my favorites! Bill Gaither need to write hymns Q,X,Y and Z!

~Spiritualy High Hobbit (God is so good!)~

5 Comments:

  • That's awesome! I love it... and you pick really great hymns! I only know one Y- Yesterday, Today, Forever... but if you start with first lines, you could go with a lot of great hymns. I dont' know of any Q, X, or Z's though. Yep, Gaither needs to get busy! That's great, Ames!

    ~Julie

    By Blogger Julie, at 12:12 PM  

  • Thanks Julie! When camp comes this summer we can sing some hymns!

    By Blogger Angeleyes, at 5:24 PM  

  • *likes singing :D*
    *wants to sing <0*
    *wants to start own blog*
    *wants compy back :(*

    By Blogger Yokanchi, at 4:25 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Julie, at 5:11 PM  

  • Billy! How dare you post when I'm not on! *Pounce*

    If you want to sing you should sing! And if you don't want to sing alone, just think of it this way, I'm always singing my little heart out, so, even if we're singing a totally different song, you'll have someone singing with you, and Julie's always singing, too! You'd have two people snging with you!

    Awww, you don't wanna be my partner in crime? *Ish saddened, but intrested at the thought of a politics blog, goody!*

    Why don't you have it back yet? I though Chandish's dad was gonna fix it long times ago?

    I'm sorry for the no compy thing! *Hugs of sympathy* I might lose my compy, too!

    By Blogger Angeleyes, at 5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home