The Mushroom Patch

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Song

I wrote a song today, tell me what you think!

Blessed be the name

Verse 1
The LORD giveth,
And he taketh away.
Blessed be the name of the LORD!

He send me these trials,
So that I may say:
"Blessed be the name of the LORD!"

Chorus
I am pressed,
But not crushed.
Perplexed,
But not despairing.
Persecuted,
Not abandoned.
Struck down,
But not Destroyed!

Verse 2
The LORD giveth,
And He taketh away!
Blessed be the name of the LORD!

He sends me these trials,
To glorify His name!
Blessed be the name of the LORD!

Go to Chorus

Bridge
My God is always with me,
He will never let me down.
Thought the waters rage around me,
He'll never let me drown.

The LORD giveth,
And he taketh away!
Blessed be the name of the LORD!


This song has been born of many trials that God has sent to my family. God has allowed satan to test us because I'm sure He wants us to grow. During this whole ordeal the verse from Job (Weel several, in fact) that says: "The LORD gave, and the LORD has taken away; Blessed be the name of the LORD" has been running through my mind. There's also a verse in
2 Corinthians 4:8-10:

We are hard pressed in ever side,
but not crushed;
Perplexed,
but not in depair;
Persecuted,
but not abandoned;
Struck down,
but not destroyed.
We always carry around in our body
the death of Jesus,
so that the Life of Jesus may also
be revealed in our body.

This song came to me today, along with a tune. I think God is telling me through this song that it's all going to be ok. I wrote this down because I want others to be able to read it and be encouraged, that no matter what they're going through, God is there, watching over you. Thank you LORD, for giving and blessing, then teaching us to be content with nothing, and blessing you!




1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home